Here are the steps on how to buy a chicken at the market:
1) Pick out your chicken! The market has about 30-40 cages full of chickens so you just need to find a vendor who looks friendly and will tolerate picture taking. Then it's time to find the chicken with the most meat. This involves holding the chicken to assess the weight and feeling under the feathers to figure out how meaty the chicken is.

2) Hand the chicken over to the vendor so that he can kill it. I'm not going to go into this process since it may disturb some of you.
3) Find a fun way to cook the chicken! I chose to make beer can chicken which is so easy and absolutely delicious. All that is needed are a few spices for the outside. Then stick a 3/4 full beer can into the chicken and balance it in the oven!

I don't have a picture of the final product but it was sooo tasty! I will definitely be buying another chicken soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment